4.27.2012

Life Changing

We have to be fearless. We have to take chances. We can’t live life just being afraid of what comes next. That’s not what living is about. Its about enjoying each day. Not planning the future. Being happy when everything isn't perfect. Living without regret.

If you have followed my blog you know I have had a lot of life changing events happen recently. Some would be more like phases rather than events, but you get the picture. People who I thought would be in my life forever, left for good. I became a [grown up]. I lost 25lbs. And most of all I learned to appreciate each day.

I always had a timeline, a plan, a calendar but I wasn't living. I was going through the motions. I was literally living life described in this quote.
 
"The thing that screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of how we think it should be."

Recently all that changed. The path I [thought] I wanted was hit by a tornado [not literally] and there was no going back. All the plans, the future...in an instant...was gone. And its hard. No one said it was easy, but it was for the better. I had to wake up. I had to turn back to God and my friends and my family. I had to rely on people who I had shut out and hope that would forgive me. I learned a lot about myself and a lot about the friendships and relationships I have with the people closest to me. Through this journey I have worked hard..it was a time in my life where I struggled in many ways, but God won't put you through anything he doesn't believe you are tough enough to get through. And I'm standing [or sitting] here to talk about it. People come into your lives for many difference reasons, some to test you and others to stay with you. Its sort of funny to look back and see how it all plays out. 

Here is a little picture I made along my journey. Before and After pictures of my weight loss. The difference is clearly visible on the outside, but even more so on the inside. Take time to notice other people's victories.


Don't judge others, for you don't know the things they are going through to make them act, look, speak the way they do. And if you don't feel like smiling, smile anyway, because your smile could be just what someone needs to keep going. Fight for what you believe in, dream [BIG], set goals and achieve them. Most of all, Enjoy your life one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Glad that you are moving forward and staying positive. That is so important as figure out life!

    I was trying to find your email to contact you about coming to church or small group with me. Is that still something you're interested in? If so, email me! lybritton@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete